Alkaline Veggie Simosas
Posted this recipe primarily for the great videos of the step-by-step method on how to make the spelt dough for the simosas. The recipe is for vegetable simosa, but stuff ’em with whatever you like!
(Makes approximately 16 samosas)
2-3 cups white spelt flour
3 tbspns grape seed oil
Spring water enough to make a medium soft dough
Put all ingredient into bowl and make into dough
Set aside for ten mins then go back to it with damp hands and knead. Repeat this process until dough is smooth in appearance.
1. In small amount of oil add sliced onions and sweat off. (Sweat off just means your softening the vegetables and drying off all the juices as you don’t want your mixture inside to be wet. The dryer the better otherwise the samosas will be soggy can break open when cooked). Add chopped peppers and zucchini, kale. Sweat off all the veg until most, if not all, the water has evaporated. Then add chopped mushrooms and cooked chick peas right at end.
2. Leave to cool as you don’t want to add hot filling to the dough!
3. In a very small pot add some spring water and flour and make a sticky ‘glue’
4. Using the dough make 16 med size balls.
5. Gently heat a pan or griddle and roll out each ball to make a small chappati (about 8″ diameter)
6. Half cook on one side, remove and cut into half so you have two semi circles.
7. With curved edge at top bring the two corners together so it forms an upside down triangle and there’s no gap at the point. Using the glue paste the centre overlap to seal.
8. Put the cooked filling in but not too much then glue the top and seal the edge with a fork.
9. Fry in oil from Dr. Sebi’s nutritional guide.
Step One: The Dough
Step Two: The Pocket
Step Three: The Filling
source: Posted by Umm Umar Mir for Alkaline Vegan Girls