Ann Coulter hates soccer. Why? Cuz it’s “foreign”.
Political pundit Ann Coulter’s latest rant in her right-wing syndicated column rails on against the growing popularity of soccer in the U.S. Of course she blames it on “foreigners” and liberals.
“Any growing interest in soccer can only be a sign of the nation’s moral decay…” Coulter writes before listing all of the reasons why she personally thinks soccer is unpatriotic:
- “Individual achievement is not a big factor in soccer … There are no heroes, no losers, no accountability, and no child’s fragile self-esteem is bruised.”
- “Liberal moms like soccer because it’s a sport in which athletic talent finds so little expression that girls can play with boys.”
- “No other ‘sport’ ends in as many scoreless ties as soccer.”
- “The prospect of either personal humiliation or major injury is required to count as a sport” and soccer doesn’t have it.
- “You can’t use your hands in soccer,” a fact that goes up against what Coulter believes “sets man apart from the lesser beasts,” i.e., “we have opposable thumbs.” (yep, she said that!)
- “The same people trying to push soccer on Americans are the ones demanding that we love HBO’s ‘Girls,’ light-rail, Beyonce and Hillary Clinton.”
- ”It’s foreign.”
We know Coulter’s objective is to whip up more and more hateful sentiment of “foreigners” in America with her special brand of insulting commentary which, unfortunately, has earned her a large and unique, conservative fan base.
However, with her German, English, Irish and Dutch ancestry, does she really mean to draw attention to “foreign” elements in this society?
Then again, it could be that Ol’ Annie is just so hard up for the spectacular form of Timothy Howard, that’s she’s all besides herself trying to get his attention! Hope she knows his daddy is Black… on second thought, I’m pretty sure she does *wink*.
Whatever the case may be, don’t be blindsided by her “unnecessary stupid-ness” American soccer fans.