Oatmeal Raisin Cookies (with rum soaked raisins!)
Prep Time: 15 mins / Cook Time: 10-15 mins
Yields: 1 doz small scoop cookies
1 stick softened butter (1/2 cup)
1/2 cup sugar, preferably dark brown sugar
1 egg (or egg replacement)
1/2 tbsp vanilla
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup plus 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour
1 cup raisins (soaked in rum or bourbon for 4-8 hours and drained)
1 1/2 cups rolled oats (or you can use instant oatmeal if it’s more handy. The texture may be a bit different though)
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. Mix the butter and sugar together until completely combined.
3. Add the egg and mix until incorporated. If using, add the vanilla, baking powder, and cinnamon and mix until incorporated.
4. Stir in the flour then the raisins and oatmeal until combined.
5. Drop rounded mounds of dough on ungreased cookie sheets and sprinkle with salt if using. Flatten the dough mounds slightly before baking.
6. Bake at 350ºF until just lightly browned on the edges and middle still looks undercooked, about 9 minutes.